2. HOW DO WE USE INFORMATION COLLECTED ABOUT YOU? Our primary purpose in collecting information about you in connection with your use of our Platforms is to provide you or connect you with our products, services, information, and users that match your interests and preferences. However, we may use such information collected about you for a variety of commercial purposes. Without limitation, we may use such information to: enable your participation in activities on our Platforms; provide our offerings and services to you; confirm your identity; enforce our Platform policies and terms of service, and investigate potential violations of such policies or terms; fulfill an order that you place through any of our Platforms, including to process payment for any purchase made through any of our Platforms; respond to inquiries that you may have about any of our Platforms or services; administer your account on any of our Platforms; display our content based upon your interests; enable you to search information on our Platforms; list in our search and directory services any users who provide services through one of our Platforms; contact you regarding customer service and customer surveys; assess your needs and interests in our products and services in order to better tailor our offers and/or advertising; improve our Platforms; inform you of changes made to our Platforms; organize or carry out promotional activities, games or promotional events; inform you of products, services, promotions, offers, and competitions which you may find interesting, provided you have not opted out of receiving such information or, where required, we have your express consent; conduct research; understand general customer trends and patterns so we can develop and support existing and ongoing marketing strategies for our products and services; and conduct other marketing and commercial activities. We may also use information about you that we collect in connection with your use of our Platforms for security, administrative, and legal purposes (including to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues). Also, we may combine information about you that we collect in connection with your use of our Platforms with other records (such as those obtained from third parties) to develop a customer profile relating to you.
3. HOW LONG DO WE MAINTAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA? We will store your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which such personal data is processed. Please note, however, that we may retain and use your personal data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements and rights, or if it is not technically and reasonably feasible to remove such information from our databases, which means that we may retain and use your personal data as necessary after you stop using our Platforms. Subject to the foregoing, we will endeavor to delete your personal data promptly upon your written request.
5. WHAT ARE OUR POLICIES FOR COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES? Please see our Cookies Policy linked in the footer of the applicable Platform.
6. HOW DO WE SECURE INFORMATION COLLECTED ABOUT YOU? We have implemented and follow technical and procedural measures (including encryption of certain information) intended to protect against unauthorized access and use of information collected in connection the use of our Platforms. HOWEVER, PLEASE NOTE WE CANNOT FULLY ELIMINATE THESE RISKS AS, DESPITE OUR BEST INTENTIONS, NO TECHNOLOGY IS COMPLETELY SECURE. OUR PLATFORMS ARE OPERATED ON SOFTWARE, HARDWARE, AND NETWORKS, ANY COMPONENT OF WHICH MAY, FROM TIME TO TIME, EXPERIENCE BREACHES OF SECURITY OR OTHER ISSUES BEYOND OUR CONTROL. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee that any information collected about you, whether during transmission or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others who do not have your authorization. Any such transmission or sharing of that information is done at your own risk. You also play a role in protecting your personal information. Please do not share your user name or password with others.
7. DO OUR PLATFORMS SUPPORT "DO NOT TRACK" SIGNALS? At this time, our websites do not support "Do Not Track" preferences that may be available in your browser for letting websites know that you do not want them collecting certain kinds of information. If you turn on the "Do Not Track" setting on your browser, our websites are not currently capable of following whatever Do Not Track preferences you set. For more information about Do Not Track, visit donottrack.us.
8. DO WE SHARE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU WITH THIRD PARTIES FOR THEIR OWN DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES? No. We do not disclose your personal data to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes without your consent.
10. WHAT IS OUR POLICY ON USE OF OUR PLATFORMS BY CHILDREN? None of our Platforms are designed or intended to be attractive to use by children under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE, PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY OF OUR PLATFORMS AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER.
11. HOW CAN YOU CORRECT, UPDATE OR MAKE CHOICES ABOUT THE INFORMATION COLLECTED ABOUT YOU THAT WE ARE STORING? A. General. If any of your personal data that we are storing changes, or if you no longer desire our services, you may correct, update, or delete information about you, or ask that it be removed from public forums (such as directories, blogs, or testimonials) on our Platforms, by contacting customer support B. Stopping Certain Communications From Us. 1. Emails. We may communicate with you by email at various times about your account and transactions, as well as regarding various customer service matters, customer surveys, and promotions, including special offers and updates about new products and services. You can choose to stop receiving promotional emails from us at any time simply by following the "Unsubscribe" or "Manage Email Preferences" link at the bottom of any promotional email, or by logging into your profile on the applicable Platform and changing your account preferences. Please note that you may not opt out of receiving non-promotional emails regarding your account or your transactions with us. 2. Service-Only Telephone Calls or Text Messages. If you voluntarily provide your telephone number to us, you will be agreeing that we (including our affiliates and agents) can call or text you at that number (including via an automated dialing system or prerecorded message) to respond to your request for our services and to communicate with you regarding your account or a transaction with us. Please note that standard message and data rates may apply. If you wish to stop receiving such service-only calls or texts at any time, you may do so by logging into your account and clicking the "Personal Information" link under the menu icon, and changing your account preferences.